Saturday, May 19, 2012

2012 BOWMAN BASEBALL....THOUGHTS.

 2012 BOWMAN BASEBALL

2012 Bowman Baseball is and has been alive and well....at least for the 2nd week and a half after release.  I was a little unsure about this product simply because of the hangover of the Harper craze in 2011.  I parlayed my skepticism of the Harper hangover with my very own moderate interest in a prospect heavy product. 
That being said, I still couldn't help but to find out more information on the 2012 product.  Upon release, I searched Youtube, and numerous blogs to see what this 2012 release had to offer.  I found myself watching break after break, and it seemed the more I honed in, the more interested I became.  In 2011 the chase was focused on mainly Harper, 2012 looked to offer many great RC opportunities, namely DARVISH, COLE, CESPEDES, ROSS, RENDON, and HULTZEN.  With more options out there, I couldn't help but to be interested, especially seeing multiple Darvish Autos, 1/1's, and MLB contract offers, all being pulled in week #1.  Most notably, http://www.mojobreak.com busting a jumbo case, and pulling not one, but two Darvish Refractor Autos, a plate 1/1, and plentiful Harper, Cole, and Darvish base....from 1 case!!
2012 was looking pretty decent, and there was color abound, so I caved and purchased a hobby box.
I was initially pleased with the simple design, and great photography, and can say that I truly enjoyed the break.  I have included a small sampling of the pulls from the break.  No Harper to be found, but I did pull a Cole 1st Bowman card, a Darvish base, a Danks blue /500, a Tommy Joseph auto, and Bryan Brickhouse Red Ice SP /25. 
Adding to the overall box value is a redemption program for 1 pack of (5) Blue Wave Refractor parallels for each 7 HTA or 24 Hobby returned to Topps (limited to 10,000).  Bonus autos are randomly inserted into these packs in addition. 
Overall 2012 Bowman, in my opinion, is a better than average release with plenty of parallels, inserts, and chase prospects to keep the collector happy. 
I will be listing 2012 Bowman on my ECRATER page, check it out below:
http://www.jssportscards-jscards.blogspot.com

Thanks for checking out the Blog!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment